View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
kristy47
♥Sophie Belle's Mommy♥
Donating Member

I agree partly on the vaccines, but that is only because it really depends on the area you live in and what you do with your dog. When Sophie got her last set of shots she got the norms plus corona since they didn't have the other. She didn't have any reaction to it at all. Rabies is required so she got that as well and I plan to give her the boosters and the rabies when they are required simply because most groomers and boarding kennels require this. Also, I only plan to give her the bordatella if we board her, too. I'm not giving her lyme and lepto, though.

On the heartworm/worm meds, I have a pill to give her tomorrow and I plan on giving it once a month because even though West Tennessee can have cold winters, too, we are known to have mosquitos in the particular area where I live all year round and many dogs around here get worms easily so I want her to be protected if we go out.

On the food, I also feed RC (puppy formula) right now, but I'm switching to either wellness or natural balance because they are more natural and honestly they are cheaper here than RC is!

That's just my opinion and I know several people who don't agree with me on the vaccines and the worm meds, but I trust what my vet says and what I know from living in the area all my life.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!