View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
Molly81
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl19 View Post
I too have a puppy mill rescue and Ivy used to go in her crate too. I also put her in my bathroom as I thought she would be better in their (tile floor) OMG the mess Ivy is about 5 or 6 years old and never house broke. I then took her out side to go pee and made everyone say the same word (pee, pee) When she would go (I also always had her on a leash) I told her she was a GOOD GIRL and gave her a treat. I took her out as often as if she were a puppy. She now is house broke I think the treat was the thing that works she loves chicken. Just give it time it will work as long as you stay with it. Good luck
I am doing the treat thing and taking her outside. I am training her to go outside, but I do put a puppy pad down (in hopes she will go on it instead of the floor ) on the laundryroom floor when I am gone and she is in pinned in there. She does pretty well while I am home, the problem is when we are not home. Don't really mind her using the bathroom in there while we are gone, I just don't want her stepping in it and smearing it all over.
Molly81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!