View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
What were her symptoms? Can you tell me what changes you noticed in 2 weeks. I noticed that Kalina is scratching like crazy and has been losing some hair around her eyes! I don't know if it's a food allergy yet (going to vet but she just had puppies and can't really take medications until they are weaned in a few weeks) so I thought I would at least start getting her on a really good diet while I wait for the weaning. I am changing her over gradually and figured I might as well do the same with Matty.

I see that NB does not have a puppy food - they call this a lifetime diet. I am really torn if I want to wean the puppies to NB or not. I hope it has everything they need. It says it's fine for puppies, but I worry. Still I don't want all four to be on different foods. That would be insane.

Thanks for your response.
I used the NB Fish and SP for my 2 when Pebbles first started itching bit changed to the Venison version because they all smelled fishy. She was very itchy and had the tear stains too. It did take a few weeks and I also cut out all treats that had other ingredients and she got much better. At the time, Doodlebug was just a baby and he has been raised on this food as well and is very health. When I first brought him home his tummy was always upset and that went away as well with the food change. I added Bogey in the fall last year he was also given this food and he was very malnourished and his coat looked horrible and very thin. The vet said it was due to poor nutrition and to feed him what I was feeding my other 2 at the time. There was a time about 8 months ago that there was a shortage of game meats and I used the vegetarian version and added canned venison and pumpkin which they still get now because they love it. In Feb I added my foster Truman who was so sick from lack of nutrician, teeth infection and lack of care and also put him on this food as well. He looks gorgeous now and has gained 8 lbs while living here! So yes, IMO and from my personal experience I would feed it to everyone.

Last edited by megansmomma; 08-31-2009 at 07:47 AM.
megansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!