View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
I do find it very sad that you came on as a new member and absolutely ripped apart a well respected member of YT.

I don't think any ill will was meant by Topknot's post...I think she was just trying to be helpful.

To the OP. Unfortunately, what you want and what you will find in reality are two different things. In all likelyhood, you are just what you claim to be--a responsbile, loving owner who would never dream of putting your furbutts in harms way. I fully believe that. However, reality of the situation is, you will be hard pressed to find a reputable breeder with a female of a quality that should be bred who, regardless of the price you pay, is going to be willing to sell you one with full registration, no questions asked and no contract. Sorry, that is just not a realistic expectation and I think that Topknot was just trying to make you aware of that fact so that you will know what obstacles you have to overcome in your search.

Also, I think that she was trying to explain to you why that is the case with many breeders so that you would understand instead of making inaccurate, unfair assumptions and accusations, as you proceeded to do anyway. To state that breeders act that way because of their fear of competition or because they want to protect their pocket books is both laughable and insulting. It's because they have a genuine concern for what happens to the pups they produce after they are placed with the new owners. (And call me crazy, but I always thought that kind of dedication and concern from a breeder was a good thing!) If you think that kind of concern is unwarranted, then I urge you to take a look around at the ill bred Yorkies being mass produced these days--it is that kind of environment that reputable owners are trying to take precautions against.

I believe that if you will take the time to actually looks, you have been given some very good advice here. Conformation events are great places to begin your search for a new little one and to introduce yourself to reputable breeders. It would be a great place to try to find a breeding mentor, as you mentioned in your previous post.

Or, you could continue to hope for a female, no questions asked, in which case there are millers and BYBers a dime a dozen willing to give you whatever you want if you just fork over the money. (Although, chances are good, that in going that road, you will never actually get what you really "want.")
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!