View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 AM   #14
ralphmaddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi for some reason I'm not getting the emails that I'm getting responses weird...

Anywho... I expanded her crate I took the divider and made the space bigger. So far she has been doing good...

She is 39 weeks (9 3/4 months) I believe she is old enough to old it for a certain amount of time...I've read its usually an hour for every month of age.

Also I have tried xpen for over 4 month of the length of time of having her... It didn't work.

The book that I read says to restrict her water and her food for when she is in her crate. I don't want to give her access to water to drink and then have her have an accident in her crate. Its happened before.. One day it was so hot outside that I let her have water when we came back inside and then she had an accident in her crate.

So far I believe that she is catching on.. This week I am going to open her crate fully maybe Wednesday I tried it last night but I just saw it SO big for her. I'm hoping that by next week I can have her only in kitchen. Now that her food is limited she wont feel the urge of having to go poop or pee during the day while in Kitchen....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!