View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Nascar Fan

Default His First Grooming

Well, he didn't do too bad all things considered. She said he was very nervous, but considering his separation anxiety from me, and his first time at the groomer's, I'm sure he wasn't liking it. I did make an appt for 6 wks. Its nice to see his face, and next time I'm going to send one of my tshirts with him that hasn't been washed yet - as was suggested to me here. Time, patience, and love.

But he sure knew when we got home. He came in the house, just running! Jumped on the bed - and just starred at his treat drawer. Then he went outside to potty. I guess he figured after that ordeal he deserved a treat first! LOL.

Also, this lady groomed by grandmother's dog for years, and we know her well. She won't force a dog. She is kind, and patient. I believe in time he will do well with here. Also, I'm thinking of talking to the vet about his anxiety issues. They are not getting any better. If anything, they are getting worse. I hate to see him be so upset.

He will still go outside by himself, but he much prefers mom goes with him. Thanks for being such a great bunch of folks, for listening, and caring! Reva -Smokie's mama
Nascar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!