View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
pktrekgirl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Looking for Female Yorkie Pup - Atlanta or a Day's Driving Distance

Hello All,

I live in suburban Atlanta and am looking for a female Yorkie Pup. This Yorkie would be for a pet - not for for showing, although I want to leave the possibility open of this dog having a litter or two of pups with my current Yorkie, who is a very sweet and adorable 7 year old, 6 lb male.

I am certainly willing to drive a 1 day's drive from NW Metro Atlanta to pick up my new baby (basically, Georgia, and parts of Alabama, N.C., S.C., Tenn or N. Florida). However, I was really hoping to get a healthy, good-natured and cute pet-level little girl somewhere in the general ballpark of $1,000, and I would want to see the environment in which the dog was reared (not even REMOTELY interested in anything that even has the faintest whiff of 'puppy mill' attached - been there, done that, and got a VERY expensive and vet-intensive teeshirt with a Cocker Spaniel...who I don't think was entirely healthy during the entire 13 years of her life). I also must insist upon AKC papers at the time of purchase - none of this "I lost them but will send them to you in the mail". (have that teeshirt too ).

About me: I am a lifetime dog owner and two-time Yorkie owner - this would be my third Yorkie. I work for a large corporation, but work at home so this dog would not be left alone all day - she would have both me and my existing Yorkie to keep her company. I own my own home with plenty of room, and I've been taking my dogs to the same vet for the 14 years I've lived in Atlanta.

I am also patient and willing to wait for the right dog - I do not need to have this dog tomorrow, but I would like to get a little pal for my existing dog within the next 6 months or so. And certainly, sooner would be better than later.

If any of the breeders here think they might have a dog who would fit the bill, please contact me in this thread (preferable for first contact since I am wary of puppy farmer lurkers and figure anyone who would post publically would be known to the reputable breeders here ) and provide contact information.

Thanks very much for your consideration and any assistance you might be able to provide.

PKTrekGirl and her Little Buddy Rygel
pktrekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!