View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
shell820810
YT Addict

Default Loose stools-Orijen? Teething?

Toby is 6 months. I am switching him to Orijen puppy. I have switched him gradually over about 10 days.

I noticed earlier in the week his stools had darkened, got firmer and smaller than when on the previous food, so I assumed he was digesting it ok.

Today and yesterday his stools have started getting looser - yellower, not diahorrea but not far off. I have been working late the last few days, so he has been at my aunts all day. She has his old food, so has been giving him this, but he doesnt really eat much during the day anyway. In the morning and evening he gets Orijen. He is also pooping in the house once a day every day this week. He hasnt done this in months.

He is teething really badly at the minute (losing teeth)- this knocked Millies housetraining out for a few weeks, could this cause loose stools and pooping in the house?

Or is it more likely to be the food? doesnt agree with him? Takes a bit longer to change over?

Maybe he is out of routine or distressed because I am working long hours? Although he loves his play dates at my aunts house?

He is fine in every other way

Last edited by shell820810; 08-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.
shell820810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!