View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
AshSavalle
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Refuses to poop outside!!!!

Hello there!
So almost a month ago we started training for outside potty!!! I could not wait. We have two little dudes, Teddy (4years) and Pippo (8months). They have both been trained to go on a potty pad. They did OK with that. Too many accidents and we are planning to have a baby soon so we didn't want a yummy CHEW TOY for the baby!
It has been going well, actually a little better than I thought. We do still have accidents but usually only when we are not home. Pippo is doing very well and has gotten used to going potty outside. They both have not grasped going to the door when they have to go yet. They both seem to go toward the potty pad, that's when i swoop in and we go out!
The problem we are having is with Teddy (our older one). He has always been very shy about going potty in front of people and will actually avoid it. If someone was in the room with his pad he would go in another room. Knowing this I knew he would be harder to train outside. So whats happening is when we go out (I notice it in the morning mostly) Pippo can barely hold it and runs out, goes #1+2 within the first 3mins! I always stand outside with them both for praise and to make sure they go! Teddy on the other hand will just go #1 (on like every bush) and never #2. I think he has gone #2 literally 4 times outside in the past month. He literally waits for us to leave for work and goes either near the back door or somewhere random. I have no idea why he will not go outside.
Any clues???!!! If this happens when we are home i will take the poo and put it outside and show him saying "potty outside". I try to be nice so he knows its "fun!!"
Sorry it was so long! Any help WILL help!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!