View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
HERBS
Senior Yorkie Talker

All 3 of mine HATED baths in the beginning! Basil (3 yrs old) now just allows it with no struggle at all. I think it has to do with trust... I swear I could do anything and she would not resist. Teddy who is now almost a year still fights a little but does pretty good. Bella is new so she is still in the fight or flight mode LOL.

I wash my babies once per week. I put them in the tub while sitting on the edge and put their body (NOT head) under warm running water. I use my hand to wet the head and cup for the belly. I shampoo them, rinse, conditioner them, rinse, then I use spray conditioner... I then brush or comb them while drying them. Teddy was the worst! He used to climb my body biting ANYTHING in sight he was so scared but in time he now just allows it. I do not give treats... I just give extra love and kisses and tell them how beautiful they are in an excited voice. They are like new dogs after their baths... They run around the house and everyone has to love on them because they all smell like Jasmine

PS I hold my baby WHILE I get the towel and since the shampoo and conditioner stays in the shower, I do not have to retrieve that. Hope I helped relieve some of your worry... Consistancy is the best method... I am their pack leader and they will get a bath so I do not give into the dislike... I just keep going... I think if you show worry for their reaction, you transfer the worry to them... Just my opinion
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!