View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 AM   #14
lovmyyorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I'm sorry I'm a lil confused is the surgery for the knee, tracheal or the stones?

I have a 12 yr old female that has an enlarged heart and thats from having a heart murmur. It gets enlarged from over working, my Buffy is on heart meds to slow the heart down. Because when it is enlarged and they get excited and beating fast it push's the tracheal up against the spine which makes the breathing passage very very narrow, you must keep him calm because he can panic and have a heart attack. I don't know why they would do surgery under this condition my Buffy is pretty well under control and my vet will not put her under for nothing, not even to clean her teeth, it too dangerous ( in my opinion only)

Also I have 2 with a bad knee, Buffy the 12 yo has had it since she was 5 back then young and full of life she would run a lot and the knee would shift and she could not walk on it until I would massage it back in place and off she went again. Now she no longer runs like that so the knee has not shift in 5 yrs. also my 3 yo Duncan but his does not shift he only skips when doing a slow run but when in full run you can not tell anything is wrong with his leg. The doctor said that its ok as long as he is not in pain to leave it alone but just do not let him jump off of things because he can brake that knee.

I'm going to look up some info for you from this girl who had a yorkie with stones and no longer has them with out surgery, I think she had him on some dog food that was just for that problem. I'll be back later.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!