View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim n View Post
Thanks to all that replied. His stone was calcium. The vet recommended the Royal Canin s/o. We'll keep him on it if you all think it's best. We've been adding water to his food at feeding time. He's not a big water drinker...thanks again.
I know cats tend to be more fussy about water so this tends to be associated with cat more then dogs but..

what about a pet water fountain?

Back when we had our cat I had one for her (and she adored it.) I loved the fact that she drank a whole lot more, and I was able to get a little less concerned about kidney issues. Now that I have Winston who is pretty picky about his water I am considering another drinkwell (I always went for the drinkwell over the others because it combines the free-fall stream and the running surface water and some seem to prefer one over the other.)

I had the drinkwell platinum for several years and I loved it... it might be worth a shot for trying to get your little guy to drink more water. (As an aside, if you have a Petsmart near you they are great about their satisfaction guarantee so you can really return it if he doesn't like it or you feel it doesn't make a difference.)
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!