View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Good policy to follow. Through your pups recovery, you should see improvement everyday. If anyone appears to get worse instead of better, get them asap back in that vets office. Cold symptoms should never be ignored in young or old dogs. Secondary bacterial infections can develop and there's a bunch of bugs out there (over 250) that we cannot vaccinate against. That new pup more than likely came from a puppy mill, where any number of vectors could be present. When I adopted my Tinkerbell from the humane Society, she brought home a bug (I think it was a type of Corona virus) that infected my Peek a Boo, which led to pneumonia, and he came very close to dying a couple of times, because he is older. His temp went to 105. I was a vet Tech for 20 years and I was freaking out. He had to be nebulized and xrayed, and the AB's were changed. Never again! But keep a close eye on yours. If anyone is sluggish, take their temp ... good indicator of how they're doing. Keep us updated please .....

BTW Temp > 102.5 prepare for vet visit. Temp < 100 wrap dog in a blanket and prepare for vet visit

Happy Birthday Dearest Roxy!!!!!

Last edited by kjc; 08-26-2009 at 11:20 AM.
kjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!