View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
MorkieMomii
Senior Yorkie Talker

I wipe (with baby wipes and dry with kleenex) after every potty. #1 and #2!

Her potty area is fence in, about 7x9 feet in size. She comes to me for the treat when she is done and I pick her up carry her in and do the wiping. She can't get away from me when she is out there so that helps.

Eva does have a lot of hair where her pee comes out, I am wondering if I should cut it off. But, it seems to create a nice stream that the pee follows to the ground(well it pretty much touches the ground). If I cut it will the pee just spray in any direction??? Anyone else with little girls notice this?

A side thought on this...They say when they pee in the house you have to use some enzyme cleaner to get rid of the smell or they will pee there again. Well if you don't wipe their pee off(and the hair can hold a lot) then when the dog lays down they just get a big spot of wet on the floor or the couch. Now wouldn't the dog totally smell that later and possibly just pee there??? I wipe for two reasons, #1 because I don't want to sit in dried urine and fecal matter and #2 because how could I properly potty train her otherwise?

They are high maintenance though, really it has been much more work than having both my hairless babies!

MorkieMomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!