View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
tinkie
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
Welcome to YT!!

I'm feeding TOTW Pacific Stream formula right now and all five of mine love it. I think it's an excellent food, but the most important thing is that your baby likes and will eat it.
They had the Pacific Stream in stock. I was torn on what to buy. I thought I'd read somewhere not to feed Yorkies a lot of fish, but the Hill's A/D has fish meal in it and smells fishy that Tink loves so much. I went with the fowl because they didn't have the bison in stock. I was shocked that she went nuts for it.
Quote:
I wouldn't recommend giving her the Karo unless she needs it. Try to let the food provide everything she needs. Just feed her often, or free feed her, to keep her blood sugar levels even.
I'll give it a try today with the TOTW. Even with the A/D, she'd go down without the sugar. I've been feeding her about every 3-4 hours. I keep food in her pen, but she's rarely in it. She stays in my lap most of the time. She also sleeps with me and gave me a scare this morning because she wakes me up during the night to go potty and didn't last night. I feed her when she wakes me to keep her sugar up. I woke up after 8.5 hours, saw that it was light outside, looked at the clock, and thought, "Tinkie! Oh no, please Tinkie, be alive!" She was still asleep. I checked the bed for spots, but it was clean. I fed her and she seems her usual self. If she's going to sleep all night with TOTW, then I'm sold! LOL

Quote:
I bet you don't have to break up her food for very much longer. Once she puts on some weight and gains strength she'll probably be able to crunch it up on her own. I was amazed watching Tate eat when he was such a tiny puppy.
Now THAT would be wonderful. I'd love to not have to add the canned food too.

Quote:
Congratulations on your new baby! We'd love to see some pictures.
I'll upload some right now. She's not overly beautiful right now, because of the oily antibiotic on her ears that she spreads all over her head.

A man and his wife were at the pet ER while we were there. He insisted that she isn't a Yorkie because his Mom has one and Tink doesn't look anything like hers did at that age. His wife was mortified at his rudeness.

The vet told me, without my asking about it, that the hair on her face would fill in later. She thought it was thin due to her scratching at her ears that were infected. Whether it fills in or not, it doesn't matter. She's beautiful to me.

Well.... I couldn't figure out how to insert a pic into this post. I'll create an avatar with her pic.
tinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!