View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allieoop View Post
Thank You for your responses.... the info was great. I happened to be watching one of those dog training shows on the Animal Planet last night and the guy noticed one of the dogs excessively licking the face of another dog and he asked if the puppy had been taken away from his mother at an early age (which he had) and said that is why - still looking for motherly attention - this could be Baxter's issues also (long story - and already got blasted on this forum for that one -

This morning the lab and Baxter were busy as rolling around together and I noticed that the lab would allow things to go so far before she put her paw on Baxter and held her down until he whined and she got up and walked away. Guess Abby (lab) knows what to do and I need to learn from her also!

Thank You !
I love it when a trainer blows dog speak out of line makes my day.

I think what it is more likely to be is what is called appeasement behaviour.
Licking can also be a signal of submission and so is part of dog's body language communication system.
Less to do with puppies leaving mom to early that this guy thinks is does.
Most puppies that leave home to soon have dog speak problems rather then have good talking skills with other dogs and would not get that close to a dog in fear and more likely to be dog aggressive.

JL

Last edited by YorkieMother; 08-25-2009 at 10:27 PM.
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!