View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy8833 View Post
Thank you so much

i wasnt sure how to handle because i knew she was being a good dog..but how to reprimand her and still make her feel like i love her...she is my baby
You do nto need to scold just teach her it ok and love on her.
Give her the understanding that these strange up right creatures she lives are not hurting each other.
Do not let anyone tease her by taking swats at or poking just to get a rise out of her.

If you where a dog she be bang on she just not figured out that human thing yet. It tough sometimes for these babies to get it right.

They tend to do better at it than we do reading them so a little time and lots of love will work it out but if not a postive trainer will need to come in and give you a gentle hand to help her get it.

I had one other thought I help her by learning dog speak...so Truid Rugrass book on talking terms with dogs is cheap and a fast read and when you see her getting tense try a lip lick pr a yawn to tell herin her language that all it ok and not ot worry and if you see her doing them tell her good girl as you want her to tell you she is concerned without using the teeth.

Also I tend to not stress the grrrrs the nips I get after but a grrr is just dog speak and they should be allowed to tell you wait I am not ok as you can not yet ready the earlier signs of I am not ok with this.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!