View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
Emma Lee
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
It does not matter who you sell to. I know saying you sold to a girl in a coma? and all disabled folks makes it sound magnanimous but it still does not make it right. (How many have you sold btw? You say all of your puppies are being sold to people with a disability. You are asking about keeping at least one of the 2 females you pictured. How many disabled people contacted you? How many puppies did your girl have?)

You are basically saying upfront that you want a purebred but cannot afford it right now, so you are breeding mixed breed dogs that look close to yorkies. Then you are planning on keeping one of the mixed puppies to breed too. Are you going to make a continued business of selling mixed breed dogs? What about the ones you are selling to the disabled people? Are they going to breed them? Then their puppies get bred, and on and on and look how many mixed breed dogs you could quickly be responsible for all because you cannot afford a purebred Yorkie? Many of those will probably wind up sending in pictures and getting papers at the off-the-wall registries like CKC (continental kennel club) and then they will sell to some unsuspecting person as a purebred and that person will wonder why her puppy grows up not looking like a Yorkie. Worse, she breeds it and the puppies look like the poo in yorkiepoo instead of the yorkie she thought she had! For not trying to be a byb, you have done a good job of it anyway. Being a byb does not hinge on how much you sell your puppies for, it hinges on your practices.

I know there are some areas where this sort of thing goes on more than others. It does not make it right. If you really want to breed, you need to research and do it right. Breeding yorkies is a huge responsibility and it should not be taken lightly.

Please spay and neuter! Keep the puppies with their mother until at least 12 weeks old, or better yet, keep them until you can safely spay and neuter them before selling so others do not breed them. The only way to stop this sort of thing, is to speak up against it. I am sorry you got into this situation thinking it was okay. Please reconsider what you have started.

I am sort of looking around & over my shoulder here, thinking maybe this is a "Candid Camera" situation. Not too many people come to a place like YT, admit what you have been doing and then ask for advice on keeping one of the pups to continue the bad breeding practices. I keep expecting to hear a warning beep along with, "This is a test, just a test, should this have been an actual breeding, you would have been instructed to ........"
Ok I just want to thank you for 100% attacking me. I thought that people came in here to ask questions and learn. I am very receptive to other peoples views and yes you make some very good points and definitely gave me some things to think about, but I can't help but feel as though you have slapped me in the face and screamed stupid.
Emma Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!