View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I feed a Prey Model Raw diet to my yorkies! Yes, my yorkie is able to eat chicken bones, rabbit bones and turkey. Quail too but we've never fed that. She could also handle fish but she absolutely hates fish so after a few times, I don't waste my money on fish. I do give her some pork bones but she mostly just chews the meat off of those but maybe gets a little bone and its the actual chewing of the bones that is so good for their teeth. My puppies were also weaned to raw. They do have a little more trouble with the bones but they LOVE trying. They chew away at the bones and it probably satisfies some of those puppy urges to chew on things. They do say that ground increases your chances of too much bacteria so I think at this point, I would recommend you start trying to give your Rottie some actual meat with bones and see how it goes! Let me know if you have any questions. I've been feeding raw to my yorkie for about a year and a half. I also fed my senior collie raw for about a year before she passed away (nothing to do with raw). She did great on it and I'm so glad she was able to enjoy her meals as much as she did before she passed away.
Good luck!
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!