View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Only since you asked I will give an honest opinion. They are cute pups but NONE of them should be bred. They are mixed puppies, look like mixed puppies, are large for their age, are not good examples of the standard, and I am not at all understanding why you would say your "purpose in breeding is of course to better the line." I do not see that at all.

If you want to better a line, you need to start with purebred dogs with thoroughly researched histories, good health history on both sides, both AKC, both good representatives of the standard, not over 7 pounds, then make sure to have the vet test them for genetic problems and physical features, then have them evaluated by a couple of well-experienced breeders who also show or have shown their Yorkies. All this should be after you have spent a couple of years researching, studying, and hopefully finding a breeder willing to mentor you.

Do yourself and the breed a favor, spay your Yorkiepoo and do not keep any of the pups with making them a "breeder" in mind. I say this not to be harsh, but to be honest about what breeding should be about. Too many see their own cute puppy and think it is breeding quality when they are not at all.

Last edited by FlDebra; 08-25-2009 at 05:16 PM.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!