View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
Chelsey
My2Pearls Chelsey & Chanel
YT Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danacee
Hi there, about a year and a half ago, I found that my yorkie (age 2 at the time) had two sets of teeth. I brought him to the vet and they pulled them. now he is 4 and his breath was so bad and his teeth were getting brown.. so I brought him to the vet for a teeth cleaning. When I picked him up.. my bill was triple and they ended up having to pull more baby teeth. I guess his teeth were in really bad shape. I'm wondering if he will eat more and gain weight now.. Also, how often should I be brushing his teeth?

im sorry for bringing this up so much but i cant stress it enough... BRUSH ur babies teeth once a day with a toothpaste that is on the market for dogs, available at petstores and ur local vet... in the past i had 3 yorkies that were spoiled silly with mushy food and no toothbrush coz they didnt like it, much to my regret, now i tackle it very differently with Chelsey, she is 15 weeks and i brush her teeth once a day at least, she is so used to it... when she sees me with her toothbrush she goes and sits for me to brush .........
My other 3 babies had such bad teeth that in the end they couldnt chew any treats now really, u dont want to do that to urs and i am so sorry i let it come that far, every time i took them to have their teeth cleaned they came back with more teeth pulled coz they were so bad
Give ur baby a dental stick everyday too it works the gums and make sure to give them dry food as much as possible.
Chelsey gets her doggietreats and fruit,veggies like i said in another topic, but her main meals are dry food.

ive learnt the hard way and i dont want to make the same mistake with this baby.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!