View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I actually don't believe he will ever come around to being your little boy again, unless he's neutered. A neutered male enjoys the company of other dog's, male and female, an unneutered male dog, however, is obsessed in the company of unsprayed female dogs, and in time will grow more obsessed with her. Breeders have a difficult choice, and do have to give their little boys up. Unless your dogs are excellent examples of the breed, I don't believe that you should breed, the market is really saturated with pet quality yorkies, and even rescues are having problems finding homes. Also, it's really important to have health screening done to ensure your dogs aren't' passing genetic problems along, these can be costly tests, but I believe a breeder is responsible for all the offspring she produces, and should ensure she has done everything possible to produce healthy pups, many genetic diseases don't show up until after the age of 3, and can be very costly to treat. Wouldn't you want a breeder who did health screening? So my advice is to leave breeding up to the experts, and enjoy your dogs as pets.

Join today and remove this ad!