View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

She is doing noraml dog speak but over the top.

What she is doing is splitting you up.
No dogs hug other dogs or swat or lean over each other unless it is in aggression. So yes she is protecting you from what she things is someone beign rude na endangering you. Add in that she got hurt and she trying to keep you safe from what happened to her.

She doing an being a good dog talker she just does not understand human language and that what you are doing in human is ok eve nif it is not in dog.

You have reinforced it by letting it go on but it is also not an easy fix as it is very often miss read as dominace and trying to take over.
When it is not.

Some of the things I would do are the nothing in life is free.So if she is going to sleep in bed or cuddle with you she needs to do a action or your request first either a sit or a down, I work on off and some call it mat time outs.
So if she miss reading something she goes to her spot and settles down.

If she gets upset I move her not push her away I pick her up and pop her on the floor or move her away from you.
I also scale back just for now human contact in her sightthat could be miss understood and work through it by having those handuy little treats ready so if hubby hugs you she gets something great to eat.. So what happens is she will want you to hug and cuddle and then do a sit to get what ever great food treat you have for her being good.

Shot of that you need to find a POsitive dog trainer that understands dog speak and does not ready this as she out to run the house.

What ever else you do handle this as calm as you can any reaction and I know it hard not to reinforces the behaviour.
You can toss a party and reacte everytime she stays calm in and around those hugging or touching you.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!