View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
MindyA
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Health concern - New Yorkie Owner

We just adopte a 1 1/2 year old female Yorkie, Mindy! We are new dog owners and have a lot to learn so I am looking for some guidance.

Her first two nights were great, we didn't hear a thing from her. But last night she was crying, almost screaming loudly. It started an hour after we went to bed and continued every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. through the night.

I went to her and she appeared to just want attention (perhaps a delayed reaction to her recent separation from the other family and her brother?). She was excited, jumping up and obviously wanting out of her kennel each time.

Once she pooped and I cleaned that up but then when my husband got up this morning she had pooped a little more and he changed the pad and put down a clean one. When he returned from his shower, there was something RED on the pad. When I looked it was very red in colour and looks a bit like strawberry jelly with a couple clots or clumps. (she is fixed)

We don't know if she pooped it or coughed it up.

I'm concerned and not sure what to do next. Does anyone have any ideas or guidance?
MindyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!