View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I know you love your dog and want him along on trips but it does not sound like he is really enjoying the camping trips if he is barking "non stop at the camp site at anything and everything going by or otherwise." and wrecking your holiday as well as other campers, then I think he has to stay behind or you all have to give up the camping trips (which you should not have to do). If you canot afford a kennel (there are some good ones -- just takes some searching), how about a friend or family member? What would really be good is to find someone else with a small dog that you could trade dog sitting with.

I am not fond of muzzles at all but have no experience with their use either. Just the idea that they could not eat, drink, pant or bark in an emergency would deter me. I see that you are looking for the best idea with the least impact to your dog though. Wish I had something to help. I have one that barks at unknown people and noises too and can imagine he would be a nervous wreck at a campground. If you have an RV or enclosed camper, you could turn up some music to the point that outside noises might not scare him so much. Wouldn't work if tent camping as the noise would bother others too? Just grasping here.....
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!