View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #12
Lia
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Hmmm maybe she has too much room... When peanut was a pup I had him in a crate at night it was a bigger one enough for a pad on one side and a bed on the other..he didnt have any food down at night but I had like a hamster water bottle on the cage if he gets thirsty...He learned that he had to go pee and poo on his pads really fast...I hear its better to give them just enough room to get up and turn around...You know dont put them somewhere too small, but not big enough! I only did this when I was training him...once he got the idea I would let him sleep with me and whenever I would feel him walk around I would place him on his pad..He did have a couple oppsies on the bed..but it happens. My fault!!

Then when I wasn't home I didnt want to leave him in the crate so I got a playpen and made it small enough, but he still had room to play with toys and have his food,water and pee pad in there...It worked well..

I hear that when you train them to go on the pee pad they will always think like a bathroom rug or kitchen rug is a pad?? Thats what some lady told me...and you know Peanut is 2 he is pretty much 98% trained and he will still sneak over in the bathrooms and pee on the rugs!!! So I always keep the doors shut.

As far as the licking her pee..I have no idea what to tell you about that one Maybe if you see her doing it just tell her No...and when you tell her no and she ignores it to give her a treat???

I hope this helped a little
Thanks for the help. Funny you mentioned about rugs, I had to put away the ones that were in the bathroom at night because I had seen that she peed on one. The reason why I didn't put a pad in her crate was because I was told I should not teach her to pee where she sleeps. Maybe I got it wrong. As long as she sleeps with me she is just fine, but maybe I should give the whole crate thing a try? for those times that she can not sleep with me.
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!