View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
delicatepuzzle
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
You might want to post this in the Health and Diet section. My boys eat Primal raw, too, and Ryder has a tendency to be bratty with his food, but mostly with his bully sticks. I put the food down but don't let them eat until I say it's ok. I also practice taking away his bullies giving him the command "drop it." If I go to take it and he growls or snaps I take it out of his mouth, put it away and put him on the floor ignoring him for a bit. He's gotten so much better. I wouldn't let her come near your food at all, crate her or put her in the xpen while you eat. Also, in case she truly is hungry, do you leave kibble out at all for her to snack on? Given that she's a puppy and still growing I would leave food out for her at all times.

If you post in the appropriate section more people will see it and give you better advice.

I have had this happen to me! This is PERFECT training! Dogs must know that we are the boss. Definately important to free feed as puppies.

As for "moving" this post. Just copy and paste into a new post in the proper section. So it's really not moving it but instead starting a new one. Good luck! I hope you've already tried starting amandawash's advice!
delicatepuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!