View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
rentfrog
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystee View Post
I could have posted this entire thing myself. lol. You just described Tobie to a T... I think Jackson and him would be best friends!

Tobie has never growled, snapped or barked at anyone but if a stranger comes up to pet him, he will back up or move his head. I always feel so bad because the person is all smiling.. "look at the cute puppy" and then when he backs up their smile changes to a frown and it looks like they feel like they just got dissed. lol

Tobie also LOVES all other dogs and will go right up to them and want to play and give kisses. lol.

I'm glad he's not the only one that does this... I've been trying to do things to get him to be more friendly but maybe it's just his personality
She just described Preston to a T also..... I always assumed it was due to Preston being a rescue, and maybe he didn't have enough human interaction prior to us getting him at five months. Once he has been around you for a bit, he will love on you to no end, but he has to come up to you. If you try to touch him first, forget it. As a matter of fact, he will still back away from me occasionally if I move too quickly towards him, and he is two years old now. He will NEVER let a stranger touch him, but would NEVER bark at, snarl at, or bite at someone for ANYTHING. Just very cautious with people he doesn't know. He never wants small kids to touch him either. He will always go hide from them. Everyone says his eyes look too human and that when he looks at you and you almost expect him to start talking to you. Every time my daughter has friends over, he will go push her door open and just stand there staring at her and her friends. They all say it is almost creepy. LOL Once he actually gets to know them, he does jump all over them and get excited to see them though. He also LOVES other dogs.
Paisley on the other hand, is a wild child, who loves everyone, thinks everyone loves her, loves all dogs, thinks they all love her, and goes full force through life with not a cautious bone in her body.
I love that Paisley is always so HAPPY, and loves everyone, but sometimes wish she were a bit more reserved like Preston.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!