View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
ralphmaddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default When do I know when to trust her.... PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi everyone I have been training Roxy now for the past 2 weeks today is the first day in our 3rd week..... I purchased the book How to housebreak your dog in 7 days......

I wanna say she is getting the hang of it. BUT how do I know when to trust her... How do I know when its ok to leave her out of the kennel and make her space bigger... Before she had roam of the full kitch and the bedroom but that didn't work. So I had to train her to potty outside.

So far so good she had 2 accidents since we started but then again it was in the beginning.... I noticed one accident the other day she went on the rug of the bathroom but I think it was cause I was in bed so she just went about it and I thought I had the kitchen gate closed (my fault)

So my question is should I give her a bigger space? To see if she has any mistakes while I'm away...... I make it a given to go at lunchtime so I can take her for her walk and give a drink of water... But having this schedule everyday. Sort of gives me no life.. LOL!!!!

5:30am Wake up go out
5:40-6:00 free period in kitchen
6:00 food and water
6:30am go out
6:45-12:15 leave confined
12:15-12:30 water and go out
12:30-5:00 confine
5:00 go out as soon as home
5;15-6:00 free period in kitchen
6:00 food and water
6:30 go out
6:45-7:45 free period in kitchen