View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
skywomanfrom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Raw or Kibble for my 10 week Yorkie Puppy

My boyfriend has a Rottie puppy that he feeds the Raw Prey Diet. He is feeding ground up chicken hind quarters with a small amount of raw pumpkin. I was with him when he took his puppy to the vet and told the vet he was feeding raw. The vet advised him not to do this. He asked the vet if there was another vet around that would reccommend this diet. The vet said he was not aware of anyone around here that would reccommend this. My boyfreind is still gonna feed his puppy raw and advises me to do this. He says this is best for all dogs including Yorkies. I can not imagine why a vet would not reccomend this if it was best. What does the vet get for reccommending one diet over the other. My boyfriend claims that raw diet could lead to less vet visits and he says why would the vet reccomend something that would lead to him loosing in future money. He plans on adding in pork, deer, rabbit, tripe (i have no idea what this is) and fish later after his puppy adjusts to the diet switch. When his puppy is old enough he is gonna stop griding up the bones. I told him he was crazy cause you do not feed chicken bones to dogs. He says this is not true that chicken bones are good for the dog as long as they are raw not cooked. I have always been told that chicken bones splinter and causes them to choke. His says this is the biggest misunderstood old-wise-talea about chciken bones. I am going to take my puppy to the vet tomorrow and inquire about this so called Raw Prey Diet. My boyfriend told that vet most likely will advise me agaist this. I am so so confused. I don't want to doubt my boyfriend but could he really know more about this diet than a Vet. Please help me, I do want to feed what is best for my little Yorkie. He also claims that adding the Yorkie to the raw diet will not cost that much more. Thank you for your time.
skywomanfrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!