Thread: Paper Shredder
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
tinknpiper
Yorkie Yakker

Default Paper Shredder

So my baby girl is 1 1/2 years old this month. She was the best puppy when she was younger. She did not tear things up never chewed on anything. I thought I was really lucky and wasn't going to have to deal with the whole shredding stage. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! at about 10/11 months she started tearing stuff up. I thought maybe she just started the stage late. but she is still chewing up everything. Paper towels, papers, MONEY, anything that tears. Its sad when I come home and somehow she found a dollar bill and it was all over the floor. :-( What I am asking is what should I do. She has plenty of toys and bones all over the place. I can never find them but if she gets one taken away she runs off and comes back with another toy. She has another Yorkie(her mom) to play with during the day so I know she is not bored but I do not know what is going on. It also isn't just when I am gone. I will be sitting on the couch reading or watching tv and I will look down and she will be tearing up papers. We have to be careful with what is in her reach because she is very adventerous and will get on the coffee table to get what she wants. She has torn up my boyfriends school papers(haha the dog really did eat the homework). I do not want to have to crate her because sometimes we are gone all day. I am usually gone 7-5 depending on the day and my boyfriend doesn't get up until 12 to get ready for school in which he is gone till 830. I do not want them to be in a crate most of their day because that is no fun but I do not know how to keep her from tearing up stuff. HELP!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!