View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #11
Izzy Princess
Therapy Dog
Donating Member

My Izzy is on a special diet due to her SIBO/Pancreatitis, however, we have a new guy in the house, Cosmo. He is my hoover..lol.

He is on 1 medallion NV a day plus I also give him kibble. He was on the NV Instinct but the one he was on was way to high in protein for him but they have a Venison Meal and Millet Medley with only 25% protein so I may try that.

In the meantime I got him the Taste of the Wild but only the Pacific Stream blend and he LOVES it. That has 25% protein and 15% fat but what I love about this blend is that is has the Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids that are good for skin and coat.

I don't think you can go wrong with TOTW. I also saw it many times listed on one of the top dog foods to feed if feeding kibble. Only reason I did not choose Orijen which is also a top food is because of the high protein and even though I've read protein is not an issue it was for Cosmo..he was drinking way too much water and peeing so much and since he is a puppy in potty training I wanted to lower that. I may try Orijen down the road when he gets bigger and he knows to go outside potty better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!