View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
ndwebber
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Addison's Disease? Very sick dog :(

Hi,
I'm new to Yorkie Talk, and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight. We brought our 1yr3mo yorkie in to the emergency vet this morning. He was totally lethargic, and was vomiting and had diarrhea. The e-vet said he had low blood sugar, and his electrolytes are out of normal range. He's suspecting Addison's Disease because he is past the age where hypoglycemia is a problem. His blood tests don't show any sign of infection or illness.
Up until now he has been very healthy. I'm just shocked at how quickly he got sick, just Friday he was perky and playful. Yesterday he was a little quiet, and not very active. I was so scared when we brought him in this morning, I thought he was going to die before we got there.
Has anyone else heard of a yorkie with Addison's? The e-vet said he does not normally see it in yorkies, especially such a young yorkie. They are working on stabilizing him now, but he cannot do an Addison's test now because the lab that processes the blood for that test is not open.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Dana
ndwebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!