Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 02:39 AM   #8
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I had a Sharpei many, many years ago that did the spite peeing when I left her. She too, pee'd on my bed. She was potty trained in every other way, just did not like being left alone. I finally had to make sure to leave her in the Florida room (which was tiled) whenever I left. Then she did not do it, so it was my bed she was fixated on.

My dachshund used to strain to poop a little in the hallway whenever we would leave her. She finally grew out of it but she, too, was doing it in a spiteful way. You could tell she did not really have to go, it would be the smallest amount squeezed out just to let us know she did not appreciate being left alone.

I am not sure it is really spite, or if it is anxiety or just them being unhappy about us not being with them. But since they seem to do it intentionally, it is difficult to train them out of it. I would just take them to the scene of the crime, tell them "no" in a firm manner, then take them outside to their potty place. Since the time could be way off from when they did it, I don't know if even that sunk in. But you can tell they know it was "naughty" by their actions.

I don't know anything I ever did ended the problem. I removed one from being able to get to my bed, and the other just quit as she got older and maybe more secure that we would always return. Sorry not to be able to offer any advice only empathy!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!