View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allieoop View Post
Is ear biting a dominance thing? Baxter torments our 87 pound lab by biting her ears. My lab will lay on the ground with Baxter but he is only interested in chewing on her ears. I have noticed that Baxter now wants to bite on our ears only when we see him for the first time in a while (ie first time in the morning - or when I get home from work).

Is it domiance or a greeting?
It is puppy behaviour and not dominance at all. The lab has great soical skills and will put up with baby at somepoint she will tell him to knock it off and it will be over.
Same with you he chews end of cuddle only pay attetnion to those things you want to hav repeat. Even giving negative attetnion by scolding or biting back is attetion . Put him down if he nibbles on you and reward him an give him attetion when he does not. Also you can with out words just pass him something he is allowed to chew.
It just puppy stuff normal and healthy and a mother dog or even a well soiclized dog will allow play until it bugs them and politle tellthe puppy enough so should you just by putting him down or redirecting that nibble.

Not domince at all he is not trying to take your ear. LOL
JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!