View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
mitchell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rose Yobs blew up our Yorkie with Fireworks

Taken from the Daily Mirror newspaper, 31/10/05 London/England.

An elderly couple found their dog blown up by fireworks tied to her tail by Happy slap yobs. Maureen and Keith Barrington, both 67,spent all night looking for tiny Yorkshire Terrier Emmie after she ran away scared by rocket bangs. But next morning a neighbour told them their pet was dead. Keith said, I rushed over and found her body in the bin and my heart sank. Neighbour Kara McManus 28, saw the thugs taking photos of the dead terrier on their mobiles. Maureen said, They are sick in the head. How can they get a kick out of that,how can they make her suffer and film her and laugh at it? We think she was so scared by the firewoks that she bolted and was run over. Then these lads stopped as she lay in the road and blew her up and were taking photographs of her. They buried 11 year old Emmie in the garden with her favourite toy. Maureen said, she was lovely and beautiful and so tiny. Kara was woken by bangs in the early hours outside her home in Linthwaite, Huddersfield. She added, I saw the three lads approaching what looked like a pile of leaves on the road. Then they stood around it,got their phones out and started taking pictures. I could not believe what I was seeing. I felt sick to my stomach. I started banging on the windows to get them to stop. The youths jumped back in their car and sped off. Emmie was so badly hurt that at first Kara did not realise she was a dog. She said, It was awful to see that poor dog in the road. How anyone could do this to an animal is beyond belief. These idiots need to be punished. Retired fireman Keith said, my wife is just getting over cancer and I've had a triple heart bypass, Emmie gave us something to live for. The former Grenadier gaurd called for National Service to be brought back to tame the yobs. The RSPCA said yesterday, this was callous, unfortunately we hear of incidents like this every year around Bonfire Night,but this is truly awful.

R.I.P. Emmie.
Please say a prayer for Emmie, Keith and Maureen tonight.
Thankyou. xxx
mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!