View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM   #5
suz
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Angry Been there...Done that!!!

I had a cat once. Big cat! He weighed 23 pounds. Well, one day he was outside and these two people came walking by with their Dobies. One on a leash, one not. The man had the one on the leash and the woman was "in control" (?) of the other one. I heard them both say "Look, so-and-so, there's a kitty! Go get the kitty"! Well, my cat had been raised around dogs and he wasn't going to take anything off a couple of Dobies!! The one started running up to T.G. (my cat), growling and barking. T.G. just stood there as if to say, "You have GOT to be kidding!" When the Dobie got close enough, T.G. reared back and whacked her!! Yes, it drew blood. Yes the Dobie yiped. And yes, the lady went balastic!! She threatened to do everything to me you can imagine. Ok, yea, the dog did have to have stitches, and emotionally, I'm sure she was traumatized!!! But she also was a full grown dog, probably about 90 pounds. The lady took me to court for damage to her dog and vet bills. She even tried to get me for HER having to take time off of work to go to court! She might have sued me for mental anguish for her dog if the judge hadn't been laughing so hard that he threw it out of court!!! My advise is, document everything! You never know when you might not be as lucky as I was with a good judge.
Keep us posted. I'm curious about the outcome of this. Some people think they can sue anyone for anything. Makes me mad as heck when they do it. Makes me even madder when I think about all of the court cases that are so frivilous (?), and the fact that people are acutally allowed to do it!
Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!