View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
RoxieHart
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Question for the Biewer experts...?

I drove out of state today to pick up a biewer boy. I ended up getting him AND his brother! I have a bit of an odd question though. Are biewers born with the markings and colors that they'll permanently have? Or can their colors "break" at a few months old, like yorkies do?

The reason I ask is because I saw the parents, and they were definitely biewers. Had all the correct markings, and the breeder says the daddy was even imported from Germany. The boy I got has a white head with a bit of tan/black markings on his ears, white legs, black body, white tummy, white tip on tail. His brother is another story though. He has a black body, all-black tail, very light tan legs/feet, and his head is what confuses me.. It's black and tan, but the black color on top of his head is "breaking" and he has white color coming through, like an inch or two. And the light tan on his legs seems to be breaking into white as well.

Is this common?? Shouldn't he have been born with the white markings, rather than growing them in later? I'm sorry if I sound ignorant, it's just that all of the newborn biewers that I've seen are already white and black.

I'll be back with pictures. They'll speak louder than my words lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!