View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
miezzi
I Love My 3 Lovebugs!
Donating Member

Omg Battle of the neighbors---Help please...

So I have only been in my new house for a month now and I think I am going to be having issues with my neighbor across the street from me! GGGRRRRR!!!
They just moved in 2 weeks ago. Its a family of 4. Dad and kids are nice as can be. I haven't really had a chance to talk to her yet, but we had an encounter already. They have a lab who is a bit older. Well, I was outside with Luigi and Brasco, (they were on thier leashes as always!!!), and the lady across the street let her dog out and he was not on a leash. My dogs start barking insanely and here comes the lab!! He runs over to my dogs and I have them on the retractable leashes and it happened sooo fast that I could't pull them back and get them away from the lab. Brasco doesnt seem to like other dogs who come at them and he bit the lab. Which I do feel terrible about. So the lady came running over and grabbed the lab and spanked him soo hard. I guess cuz he ran off. She said he only wanted to play.So she looked over him and started to get angry with me cuz Brasco bit him, on my property which her dog came on to. She said I should have better control of my dogs and those retractable leashes are no good. (I like them cuz it gives them room to run and do thier thing.) I said that you should have your dog on a leash when its outside. She proceeded to tell me that if it werent for my dogs yapping so much, he would never have ran over here. She always lets her dog out w/o a leash and he never runs off. And she asked me in a very attitudeish way--I hope you have your rabies shots all up to date. Brasco didnt even draw blood when he bit him, I think he just nipped him. Now this all happened on my propery and she told me that if her dog gets sick or if anything is wrong with him, she is holding me responsible! What--me responsible????? For what, not having her dog on the leash?????

Help!! Can she do something to me legally or do you think she was just blowing off steam. I just called m hubby at work and he thinks she was just blowing off steam. What do you think???
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!