View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell820810 View Post
Toby doesnt like getting his harness taken off over his head. (am waiting on one of chattiesmom's so that should solve the problem)...

But anyway...
He is viciously trying to bite me (and succeeding) when I try to take it off him. The "ow" response is not working. He is going to a puppy class and the trainer says when he does something he shouldn't then to ignore him for a while. The lack of attention (not even eye contact) will get the message through more than shouting and getting worked up.

So I took his harness off about 7pm last night, after getting constantly bitten. Said "bad", put him on the floor, and he went off to his bed. We ignored him the rest of the evening until bed time. He stayed in his bed all evening, but he was exhausted because he was on a play date all day, so he probably didnt even notice that we were ignoring him.

Any suggestions.
He doesnt really play up on anything else.
First time to see and I mean see a qualitifed proefesional in person.
Not enough info here to work with and no body lanugae clues and this is a dog that needs hands on not computor chat stuff done ith or on him.

not sure where you are but if you give me a state or province will go see who I can find for you.

There is no room on this boy to make an error in jubgement and no room to see if he can bounce back by woring tough love stuff.

I know what I do if it was my girl and that be call the vet behaviouist I have on speed dail and listen to her.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!