View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #7
Nascar Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
Just a quick reminder; in Kansas (and other states too) it gets so terribly humid that a day which is in the 70's can quickly turn deadly for our pets if left in car, for even a few minutes. Dogs can not sweat therefore their temperature will rise quickly and can lead to brain damage or even death. Not trying to be mean, just a little reminder....
I certainly understand what you mean! I know you are not trying to be mean. We have to be very careful when we take our babies anywhere, especially when they may have to stay in the car for a few minutes. I only take him with me if staying in the car means a 5 min wait, and its a cool enough day to take him. I also always keep water in the car for him. But on days we can take them, I know Smokie sure enjoys it. I will enjoy it better once I have his car seat made. (They are so expensive I got a pattern and am making my own) I'll just be happy when he is no longer scared that we won't come back. Have to remember he had 3-4 homes his first year before we got him. I think that has alot to do with it. Sure appreciate your feedback! Reva - Smokie's mama
Nascar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!