View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:04 AM   #6
Chrisann
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi. I know how you are feeling. I love my Dustie to death..He is now 6 months old and from 8 weeks brining him home he has been a "nipper" sometimes really bad biting when he gets wound up...So I have had to watch playtimes with him...I have used every method including No bite...finger in the mouth...ignoring him..walking away...He is gradually declining from this habit...but it is taking time..

Like you I wanted it to stop as soon as possible...I agree it is not acceptable behaviour..but you must be consistent in what you decide to do. Although you love your pup..you must show your instant disapproval...and that you will not allow it to continue.

I have found that putting the finger into the mouth and down the throat a little seems to be the method for me...Also when Dustie gets really wound up I take him by the scruff of the neck..lift him slightly and say a very sharp "No bite"...sometimes also tapping him on the n ose with the other hand..then I put him down..and ignore him...Sounds cruel but it does work.

Don't ignore this behaviour...as it needs controlling now...or you will be stuck with it later.

Chrisann.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!