View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:20 AM   #8
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I had the same concerns about eary spay/neuter...I discussed Apple's teeth w/my vet (and his specialty is teeth), and he said not to worry about it 'till she was a year old...I had made a decision not to spay Apple 'till she is 18 months old, but if she still has baby teeth @ a yr. old, I'll have her spayed at the same time...I do think the long bone connection issues are more prevalent w/larger breeds, but there are other concerns, such as bladder incontinence, due to early spay, more of a chance for reactions to vaccinations, and I'm sure you've read about the other small issues, since you've done your home-work...I know you are getting different opinions on this, but I've always been a firm believer in gathering all the information you can, and making the best decision for your baby, that you and your vet are comfortable with...Needless to say, watching those little tiny mouths during this process is key...If they stop eating, and seem in a bit of pain, around their mouth, then a dental visit is in order...So far, we're doing just fine, playing lots of tug-of-war and praying the adult teeth will come out soon...
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!