Thread: Fleas :(
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
coltsmom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi, sorry about your flea problem. Let me tell you my experience and a definite solution. I have an 2 year old Maltese, Cody. He got fleas. I bombed my house, sprayed my yard, got Cody shaved, flea dipped then I frontlined. him. 2 days later, I saw fleas on him again! This happened about 3 times to me and for some reason, I couldn't get rid of the fleas no matter how many times I bombed, sprayed, flea dipped, gave him a Capstar, etc. So I decided to do a in depth search on fleas. What finally worked (which was my last straw before I called a professional) I got this shampoo called Zodiac from the pet store. All flea shampoo guarantees which we all know isn't true. Zodiac is the first flea shampoo that I have found that does kill fleas instantly. Then get a spray for your yard and house, including bedding, couchesm etc. It must contain an insect regulator. Insect regulator works as a birth control for fleas. Spray everything and make sure you vacuum, vacuum, vacuum! And vacuum everything including vouches, etc. And wash all your puppies bedding and toys. I have been beating my head asking and begging vets, pet stores etc for anyone to help me find a solution to the flea problem. I did all this a few months back and we have been flea free since and both my little ones potty outside.

I am very familiar with Capstar. Capstar will kill all fleas with in 30 minutes and is only last for 24 hours. And they are safe enough to give evryday though you really don't want to because it is better to solve the flea problem. I have given plenty on Capstar to my maltese and Cat befoe I finally solved the flea issue.

Good luck, I know how frustrating fleas get and also how hard the fight against them can be.
coltsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!