View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
veggienut
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus08 View Post
I deal with this almost daily. He eats very small amounts one day and then the next he acts starving and gobbles the whole bowl. Whenever he eats too little his stomach gets irritated and he throws up bile! Yet he never learns.

Try mixing in something new with his food. I use cottage cheese added to his kibble.
Maxwell will be 2 years old next week. He's been playing eating games since he was a little puppy. He's 7 lbs, depending on how much he eats. He does nibble and other times he eats. He never gobbles, but takes his time and definitely doesn't throw up. Well, he does if he ate something outdoors that he shouldn't of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysbabies View Post
Dudley is 5mo. old and sometimes he eats sooooo little. I guess I overfeed my others but he is such a tiny little guy. I know I shouldn't do this, but, I put shredded cheese and mix with his Innovia wet food and he will eat that. We want him to get to 3lbs. before he is fixed and he hasn't got long to gain it. Good luck with your baby. I know when they don't eat or eat very little it kinda worries you.
Your dog is awful tiny and that is normal for him to eat so little since he has a little belly. I've been thru 8+ foods with him and posted about that here several times. I hardly give him human food since once he eats that he doesn't want his own food. The Vet told me that, and I found out that to be true. Now and then I give him a bit of cheese or apples for a treat. Sometimes human foods can cause them to have health issues later from what I have read up on here about.
veggienut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!