Thread: Alpha Roll
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
I know many people still use the outdated Alpha Roll that was developed back in the 1970's by the Monks of New Skete. Even though they later came out and apologized for it, stating that they never intended for it to be used by owners, but only by profession trainers in the most extreme cases of aggression, unfortunately, it is still used today.

Please read these articles:

http://www.avsabonline.org/avsabonli...0statement.pdf

ClickerSolutions Training Articles -- The History and Misconceptions of Dominance Theory
I think I have posted one or both of these several times.
I posted a great deal when I was here before.

Dogs are not wolves wolves are not dogs and wolves do not alpha roll other wolves in a normal funtioning pack. They are a family and most often a wolf will roll over all on it own to just show all is well in the world.
Most times it is the well adjusted dog that will offer up its belly to a freaful dog to help calm things down and show it is not a threat.

Well done Ladymom you have the right end of things keep it up.
You need any more info on this PM me and I can get some good book titles.

Click or in my case we would say preaching to the choir.

I totally get this and it is ok to repeat and post about this again and again as if it comes out of the end of many differnt fingures then others will see it not just one but many that think and feel and nderstand things that are done with research and hard work is true.

JL

Last edited by YorkieMother; 08-20-2009 at 09:09 PM.
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!