View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
No problem asking questions, questions are good. And I commend you that you are educating yourself. Breeding is something you don't dive into without educating yourself.

Teacup??????? Is not the word you use to describe the size of a tiny yorkie. Teacup is used as an advertising ploy in attempt to obtain more money from an uneducated person that is looking for a tiny yorkie. Yorkshire Terriers are Toy dogs. I suggest that you go to the YTC.org site, the standard for the Yorkshire Terrier is there, along with some other great articles.

Abby by all means is not what is considered a tiny yorkie, a nice size.

As far as finding a new yorkie pup, educate yourself there too. Ask questions on here about breeders, find a good one. Here's a website with a questionaire for potential puppy buyers http://www.showdogsupersite.com/sdbvet1.html. YTCA.org has a breeder referral list. There are a couple in the LA area. If you're looking for a pup, don't go to the internet (breeder websites can be pretty and can say anything), or the classifieds, or a pet store.
great advice. I agree with the others on Abbys age and breeding. she's too old to have her first litter. She'd be best as a spayed, wonderful pet.

When looking for a puppy i found this site on my search. I read so much here and learned a lot. I found a breeder that was a member here that everyone knew and recommended. She was not a member of the YTCA, tho. She did have a website that i looked over and she also lived close enough that i was able to go visit. I went to her house 3 times before taking my puppy home (morgan was only 4 weeks old when i first saw her). Morgan was a great puppy. very smart and very cute and seemed to be in good health. i updated the breeder regularly in PMs here and thru email and we stayed in touch. well flash forward 10 months and i come to find out she has grade 2 luxating patellas in both back legs. I told the breeder and then never heard from her again (disappeared from YT as well as took her website down...had problems with other people too). Then a few months later i find out that morgan has MVD, which in a lot of cases can be a life altering liver condition.

my point is, that you really need to do your research and find a truly great breeder. When i get my next puppy it will be through the breeder referral list of the nation breed club (Yorkshire Terrier Club of America for yorkies). These are show breeders who are striving to better the breed and produce puppies that are examples of what the breed should be.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!