View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

The reason that a collar is not recommended for use with a Yorkie is because of the risk of Collapsed Trachea. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with both the trainer and also the previous posters. It has NOTHING to do with the size of your Yorkie, Collapsed Trachea is a genetic condition and does not have to do with size. I would suggest either using a harness or a Gentle Leader head collar for your classes. May I ask where you are going for these classes?

As for using one lead to talk both, there have been a few member here that have used the double lead and had neck injuries from them. Personally, I do not like these either. How would you like to be tied at the ankle to your brother or sister? It just reminds me of doing one of those games at a family reunion. Not pretty and everyone looks like a fool tripping over each other. One final thought on all of this..........if you have one that is 7 lbs and that is 14 lbs how is THAT going to work???????

Last edited by megansmomma; 08-20-2009 at 07:46 AM.
megansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!