Thread: New Yorkie Mom
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #7
Darwin
Senior Yorkie Talker

First, welcome to YT. I am a new YT'er who rejoined after a two year separation from YT. And great job on giving Lacey a good home. She is lucky that is for sure. Must give you lots of satisfaction knowing you have saved her life from abuse and misery.

OMG....She's got you trained, lol. You know that's how it starts. I was thinking that too what the prior post said about the bowl being tipped if its too light, especially if there's moist food she is trying to get from the bowl. One of my yorkies gets startled when that has happened in the past and I've since changed his bowl. We don't know anything about her past experiences with the previous owner, but maybe if she didn't eat she was abused or hit. Maybe food is associated with a negative experience. Just a thought.

I would try to at first moisten her food with something she likes. I give different foods to my dogs, and give them human chicken chunks which come with their juice, so maybe the juice in it to help stimulate it. And then as she gets more into a routine with your Cairn, then you could gradually stop with the chicken juice. Just a thought.

Please let us know. Enjoy your baby!
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!