View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
NinaPants
Yorkie Talker

Smile LP surgery tomorrow, please keep us in your prayers!

Hi everyone:
My little Nina Pants, 4 years old next month!, is having surgery on her knee for luxating patellar correction. I am so nervous and scared for my baby! Most of all I am very concerned about the recovery process. How do I keep her calm and "inactive"? Nina loves to play and run.
I would really love to hear from all of you yorkie mommies who have been through this and about how you dealt with the recovery process. Should I bring her to the vet tomorrow in a crate? She is so squirmish and nervous when we go to the vet, so I thought maybe this might help her.
How do we keep her most comfortable, what methods did you use as far as where to keep your dog and blankets, maybe tee shirts to keep her warm, where should she sleep? She usually sleeps with us in bed.
And how do we get her to go potty, and where? We live in a condo on the 2nd floor and have trained Nina to go in a doggie litter box out on our porch, but for no2s Nina prefers only walks! How did you get your dog to go potty?

I'd also like to know if anyone has tried any other methods of comfort or tried feeding your dog any special foods or supplements to support recovery? We use glucosamine and chondroitin but I am wondering if there is anything wonderful out there for dogs post-surgery.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much for reading and please keep my baby in your prayers tonight!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!